At Thomas Head & Greisen the health and safety of our office staff and clients are our top priority. With the COVID-19 virus having an increasing impact in our community, we want to let you know how our business is addressing this situation.
Currently, our offices are open on a limited basis for appointments. Our hours are Monday through Friday from 8:00 am until 5:00 pm and 10:00 am until 3:00 pm on Saturday. In the event we change our hours we will update this page. Here are the proactive steps we have put in place:
- All clients are encouraged to use our Secure Doc.It Portal or ShareFile to send us files and exchange documents online. You can access the portal via the portal tab on our website.
- There is a secure drop box to the right of our office suite door. This is a great way to get paper documents to us while practicing social distancing.
- We can mail your tax returns and other documents to you if you opt not to use our secure portals. This will reduce the need for you to travel.
- Our offices are currently open for appointments. However, most of our team is now remote and are available virtually. Please call us at 907-272-1571 if you want to schedule a phone appointment in lieu of a live visit.
To accommodate any concerns, we have taken the following additional steps:
- Most of our accounting staff are working from home.
- We have increased the cleaning and sanitation of our offices.
- We have added additional alcohol-based sanitizer around our office.
- We informed our staff if anyone is feeling ill (fever or cough), they need to stay home.
If you are experiencing flu-like symptoms, do not physically come to our office. If you have an appointment, call us to either reschedule your appointment or to schedule a phone conference. If you need to pick up documents, call us and we can schedule a courier or mail the documents to you.
In light of recent developments, the IRS has extended the tax filing deadline from April 15, 2020, to July 15, 2020. You can also defer federal income tax payments due on April 15, 2020, to July 15, 2020, without penalities and interest, regardless of the amount owed. This deferment for income tax returns applies to all taxpayers, including individuals, trusts and estates, corporations and other non-corporate tax filers as well as those who pay self-employment tax. The 2020 second quarter estimated tax payments are still due on June 15, 2020. We are closely monitoring each state for their conformity to the new IRS deadlines.
Even though the deadlines have been extended, we encourage you to send us your tax documents now rather than wait. We still need to determine if you owe any taxes or estimated tax payments, so that you can be prepared to file and pay later. And if you have a refund, you can get it sooner than if you wait.
During this challenging time, we are committed to serving our clients and staff with care and consideration. We will continue to monitor the situation and take precautionary measures to promote the health and safety of our staff and clients.
Thank you for being a valued client and for your continued trust as we manage through this time together. If you have any questions or need further assistance, please call us at 907-272-1571 or email us at email@example.com.